Hi, I’m Sabrina.
Nice to e-meet you!
If you need your documents or your voice messages translated from and into Italian, English, Portuguese, or Mandarin Chinese, you’ve come to the right person.
I’m a wandering polyglot, and I work as an interpreter, translator, consultant, copywriter, and content writer.
Since 2016, I’ve been making communication easier for companies and individuals throughout the globe. I’ve been freelancing full-time since 2018.
From technical documents to more creative projects, conferences to corporate meetings, my job is to find the most suitable and convenient option for my clients’ needs. I always aim at bringing more value — that’s what I stand up for.
Professionalism, trust, and confidentiality are paramount for me. I strive for an honest and direct relationship with my clients, keeping their best interests in mind and trying to find high-quality and flexible solutions for them.
Want to keep a copy of my CV? Click here!
Just to give you an idea of my professional experience, CPD, and education:
- AITI associate member no. 218093 (Italian Association of Translators and Interpreters) (2018)
- ACTA freelance association (sister organization of the Freelancers Union) (2020)
- Remote Simultaneous Interpreting (RSI) – KUDO Certified Interpreter (2020)
- Ablio Conference Certified Interpreter (2020)
- Translating finance. Advanced course – Langue&Parole (2020)
- Translating finance. Introductory course – Langue&Parole (2020)
- Transcreation. The art of crafting words in marketing and ads – Langue&Parole (2020)
- Website Localization for Translators (2020)
- Content writing for Translators (2020)
- SCRiVENDA – copywriting course by Frank Merenda (2019)
- Copywriting secrets – How to write copy that sells online (2019)
- Beer tasting course – I by UnionBirrai
(UBT – Italian National Association of Independent Craft Breweries) (2019)
- SDL Trados Studio 2017 for Translators – Intermediate (2018
- Translating the art of cooking: menus (2018)
- Portuguese <> English interpreting Adjunct Professor – University of International Studies of Rome (UNINT) (2020 – to date)
- Interpreting professional trainer – Élite China Academy (2019 – to date)
- Course Creator – TranslaStars (2020 – to date)
- Chinese simultaneous and consecutive interpreting tutor – University of International Studies of Rome (UNINT) (2019)
- Portuguese simultaneous and consecutive interpreting tutor – University of International Studies of Rome (UNINT) (2019)
- Chinese language teacher for children and teenagers – EnglishInApp (2019 – to date)
- English as a second language (ESL) teacher – EnglishInApp (2018 – to date)
- Customer Service Center – US Embassy to Rome (2016-2017)
- MA in Interpreting and Translation – University of International Studies of Rome (UNINT) (Rome, Italy — 2018). Graduated summa cum laude.
- Erasmus+ exchange student – Fu Jen Catholic University (辅仁大学) (Taipei, Taiwan —2017)
- Advanced Chinese course – Xi’an International Studies University (西安外国语大学) (Xi’an, China —2015)
- BA in Linguistic and Cultural Mediation – Roma Tre University (Rome, Italy — 2015)
- High school diploma – Escola técnica e liceal salesiana de S.to António do Estoril (Lisbon, Portugal — 2011)
Fun facts about me:
- I can never answer the question ‘where are you from’. I’m from Italy but I’ve graduated from a Portuguese high school, and during my uni years I’ve lived and studied both in China and Taiwan.
- I never travel without a book or headphones. If I’m not listening to a podcast or learning something online, chances are I’m probably reading a book.
- I have an inordinate passion for business backpacks and bags, especially if they come with lots of pockets of all sizes – gotta keep everything organized!
- I love cooking and experimenting with new recipes, new cooking methods, and way too many gadgets.
- I love writing, and I am very active on my professional profiles on social media. By the way, an article I wrote was been shared by the European Commission’s Knowledge Centre on Interpretation!
Want to stay up to date on the latest news, read my latest articles, or just take a sneak peek into my daily life?
Subscribe now to my newsletter – I never send more than 1-2 articles per month – or follow me on social media!